Talking about overlooked vegetables, beets are probably on top of the list. It is unfortunately for them that their health benefits are not “advertised” like some of the other powerful veggies and fruits.
Beets are like the underdog in the nutritious world – they are not well known for their qualities, but when you put them in the ring to box for couple of rounds, it will bring all its low-calorie iron and immune booster to the fight.
Here are the reasons why the Beets are able to prevail a fight against bad health:
1. For starters, beets contain iron, prosperous, magnesium, sodium, niacin, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Imagine what those nutritious “bad boys” can do to the hostile unhealthy symptoms.
2. Carbohydrates can be found in beets and they are and will be the body’s energy source. The carbohydrates of the beets can be referred to as “body fuel” as it acts like one; it the carbohydrates in beets don’t act like the once in the processed food.
3. The heart can benefit a lot when it comes eating beets. Several medical studies have proven that and heart doctors recommend eating beets to their patients with heart problems.
4. Beets can be boiled, roasted and even eaten raw. Since eating them raw is an option, cooking them the right way you want is also an option (slightly roasted, boiled for couple of minutes and etc.). Beets can also be used for making homemade juices, but caution must be made. It is recommended that they be mixed in juice making when they are combined with other fruits or vegetables, like apples or carrots.
5. Beets are great fighters against cancer, to be more precise, colon cancer.
6. They are not a season vegetable, meaning they are all year round vegetables so finding them any time will be easy. Canned or fresh, they are not expensive to purchase. The fact that they are cheap and give “expensive” benefits to the body’s health makes them, shall we say “good guys”.
7. They have no fat whatsoever, tans or saturated – they are clean of fat. The satisfaction of hunger and the sweet tooth is always guaranteed.