This naan pizza is a quick and healthy take on one of the world’s most popular foods. It only requires 11 ingredients and takes 30 minutes to make, so there’s no excuse for ordering unhealthy takeout pizza again!
– 2 naan breads
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1/2 cup, grated mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
– 1/4 bunch basil
– 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
– 1/2 pkg arugula
– extra virgin olive oil
– balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Lay 2 naan breads onto a large baking sheet.
2. Peel and crush (or mince) 3 cloves garlic. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon mixture onto naans and spread out evenly.
3. Grate 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle overtop naans.
4. Wash 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes in a colander, cut into halves, and add to naans. Then add about 6 small spoonfuls of ricotta onto each pizza (about 1/4 cup overall). Put in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Then change setting to broil and leave in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Wash 1/4 bunch basil, pick off the leaves, and slice crosswise into thin ribbons.
6. Wash and dry 3 large handfuls (1/2 pkg) arugula in a salad spinner and transfer to a salad bowl. Alternatively, you can wash arugula in a colander, then transfer to a clean towel and pat dry.
7. In a small bowl, mix dressing for salad by combining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. Remove pizzas from oven and top with basil ribbons.
9. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve pizza with salad on the side.
Jeffrey Bunn is Co-founder of Mealime, the first meal planning service optimized to save busy professionals time and money. Get two free meal plans and save time, stress, and money when cooking for one.